Thursday, January 16, 2014

Thank you Professor, Thank you

Seems lately a lot of my posts have been obituaries.  I just saw that Russell Johnson had past way. Russell played The Professor Roy Hinkley on Gilligan's Island.  

Years ago I got into making my own postcards to send out for TTM's. Mr. Johnson was not only nice enough to sign his he signed it super fast. I think I got it back about 10 days after I sent it.  He also has the distinction of being my first TTM success. You can see the original post here.

It was reported that Russell died of natural causes at the young age of 89.  When he signed this for me has 85 or 86 and still had a damn nice signature. I'm a firm believer that you shouldn't mourn a long life lived. No, 89 years is something that should be celebrated. So I raise my flagon in a toast to Mr. Russell "The Professor" Johnson, hazaaaa.



1 comment: